The mission of Journey Groups is to bring those far from God close to God, one step at a time through meaningful and intentional relationships. As a Journey Group leader, you have the privilege of helping your members identify and take their next step. There’s nothing like watching a man or woman grow into the person that God destined them to be!
Proverbs 27:23– Be sure to know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds.
What is the condition of your group members? How do you know if your members are taking their Next Step? The answer is simple, Ask! Make it a part of your discussion whether in a group setting or individually. Asking questions will help you as the leader gain perspective into the lives of your group members.
Here are some questions to guide your conversation:
- How did you get connected in this Journey Group?
- What do you most look forward to in this Journey Group?
- Do you attend Journey Church or have a home church?
- Have you ever been part of a small group before?
- What do you feel like God has been doing in your life lately?
- What areas of faith are you hoping to grow in the coming months?
- What are you focused on in your life right now?
- Have you ever gone through Be the Church, to learn the DNA of Journey Church?
- Have you ever thought about going through Leadership Pipeline to grow as a leader?
- Have you ever been part of a serve team before?
Everyone in your group will be at different places spiritually. The goal is not to get your group members to do everything at once, rather it’s to help them identify where they currently are spiritually and offer a practical Next Step to help them grow.
Here are some Next Steps you can share with your Journey Group members:
- Invite them to attend Sunday service with you.
- Share group responsibly with them such as taking attendance, making coffee, sending out birthday cards or ask them to lead a portion of the lesson.
- Share with them how going through Be the Church or Leadership Pipeline can benefit them and assist them in signing up on the Journey Church App under Next Steps.
- Encourage them to follow through with public baptism and bring your whole group to celebrate.
- Share with them how you make time to pray, worship or read God’s word and encourage them to make their own plan to spend time with God.
- Tell them about the Journey Church App and all the resources available there, i.e. sermon outlines, Journey Group curriculum and Helps for Hurts.
- If they are ready to receive Jesus as their savior, offer to pray with them.
- Ask if they’ve ever considered joining the church.